Please follow the series of links for a few important funding opportunities:
- Gunnison Basin Roundtable grants: The Gunnison Basin Roundtable is allotted a portion of the Colorado Water Conservation Board’s Water Supply Reserve Fund in order to address water needs in the basin. The CWCB application and guidelines can be found here: http://cwcb.state.co.us/LoansGrants/water-supply-reserve-account-grants/Pages/main.aspx . For information on the Gunnison Basin Roundtable review process, contact grant committee chair Tom Alvey at [email protected].
- Lower Gunnison Project: Several funding opportunities have been created under the Lower Gunnison Project (NRCS and US BoR) for both on- and off-farm agricultural improvement projects
- CWCB loan and grant program: In addition to the Water Supply Reserve Fund grants administered by the Gunnison Basin Roundtable, the CWCB also manages several other grant and loan programs. Details can be found at http://cwcb.state.co.us/LoansGrants/Pages/LoansGrantsHome.aspx.
- Natural Resources Conservation Service: The NRCS has numerous programs to help people reduce soil erosion, enhance water supplies, improve water quality, increase wildlife habitat, and reduce damages caused by floods and other natural disasters. Details can be found here: https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal/nrcs/main/co/programs/ .
- RiversEdge West (formerly Tamarisk Coalition) maintains a list of grant opportunities related to conservation and riparian restoration here: https://riversedgewest.org/funding.
- The Local Business Resource Directory of ‘Engage Delta County’ is a great resource for local rural entrepreneurial ventures.