Colorado State Funding Opportunities
- The Colorado Water Conservation Board offers numerous loans and grants to water providers and other entities. Read more.
- Natural Resources Conservation Service The NRCS has numerous programs to help people reduce soil erosion, enhance water supplies, improve water quality, increase wildlife habitat, and reduce damages caused by floods and other natural disasters. Details can be found here.
Federal Funding Opportunities
Local and Basin Funding Opportunities
- Gunnison Basin Roundtable grants The Gunnison Basin Roundtable is allotted a portion of the Colorado Water Conservation Board’s Water Supply Reserve Fund in order to address water needs in the basin. The CWCB application and guidelines can be found here. For information on the Gunnison Basin Roundtable review process, contact grant committee chair Tom Alvey at [email protected].
- Lower Gunnison Project Several funding opportunities have been created under the Lower Gunnison Project (NRCS and US BoR) for both on- and off-farm agricultural improvement projects
- RiversEdge West (formerly Tamarisk Coalition) maintains a list of grant opportunities related to conservation and riparian restoration here.
- The Local Business Resource Directory of ‘Engage Delta County’ is a great resource for local rural entrepreneurial ventures.
Check out the new Grant Funding Opportunity Table from the Colorado River District
A Funding Opportunity Announcement for the Colorado River Salinity Program opens in June 2019. Because of the complicated nature of this program, interested parties are encouraged to start planning now by contacting the USBR Western Area Office. State technical assistance planning funds will be made available for interested parties.