Colorado Young Farmers Water Fellowship
Webinars and trainings will cover:
– Water planning and policy in Colorado
– State and federal funding opportunities for water conservation
– Public water decision-making bodies and how to run for boards and sit on such bodies
– Preparation to educate and mobilize fellow farmers and ranchers towards systems change on relevant local water issues
Application Due: April 13, 2020
Water Education Activity Funding Opportunity
NEW– Field Trip Support for Public School Water Educators! –The Gunnison Basin Roundtable is happy to announce a New DRAFT policy to support public school teachers for field trips with labs and hands-on activities to further water education; a good example of this type of opportunity is the Eureka! McConnell Science Museum in Grand Junction, reduced admission price and transportation fee support available – contact us by email for more info
Colorado State Funding Opportunities
- CWCB Loans & Grants Program brochure
- Natural Resources Conservation Service The NRCS has numerous programs to help people reduce soil erosion, enhance water supplies, improve water quality, increase wildlife habitat, and reduce damages caused by floods and other natural disasters. Details can be found here.
Federal Funding Opportunities
- US Department of Agriculture offers grants and loans for water projects.
- US Bureau of Reclamation – WaterSmart and Water Efficiency Grants
Local and Basin Funding Opportunities
- Field Trip Support for Public School Water Educators! – The Gunnison Basin Roundtable is happy to announce a New DRAFT policy to support public school teachers for field trips to further water education activities; a good example of this type of opportunity is the Eureka Science Museum in Grand Junction, reduced admission price and transportation fee support available – contact us by email for more info
- Gunnison Basin Roundtable grantsThe Gunnison Basin Roundtable is allotted a portion of the Colorado Water Conservation Board’s Water Supply Reserve Fund in order to address water needs in the basin. The CWCB application and guidelines can be found here. For information on the Gunnison Basin Roundtable review process, contact grant committee chair Tom Alvey at [email protected].
- Lower Gunnison Project Several funding opportunities have been created under the Lower Gunnison Project (NRCS and US BoR) for both on- and off-farm agricultural improvement projects
- RiversEdge West (formerly Tamarisk Coalition) maintains a list of grant opportunities related to conservation and riparian restoration here.
- The Local Business Resource Directory of ‘Engage Delta County’ is a great resource for local rural entrepreneurial ventures.